Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bulgaars borduren/bulgarian embroidery?



For my next assignment I have to make something in what they call "Bulgaars Borduren" or Bulgarian embroidery. The picture shows the pattern I have to use. I would like to know how the technique is done. My study book says that this has to be done with "tresband". I don't know the English translation for it.(I've searched the internet. It looks like "rick rack trim" but than straight.) They used to make this pattern on coats so that the fabric was stronger on the places where this embroidery was made.

I hope someone knows this kind of embroidery. Yesterday I made a beginning with it. I hope that I can put a picture of my project tonight.

Ik ben voor de Ensaid bezig met Bulgaars borduren. Nu ben ik een zoektocht op het internet gestart om meer over de techniek te weten te komen. Het plaatje is het patroon wat ik moet gebruiken. Het moet met tresband op de stof worden genaaid. De buitenste rand is gedraaid tresband. In het midden zit een stuk met vlechten.

No comments:

Post a Comment